Monday, March 16, 2015

Veggie Grill

I have never stepped foot in this restaurant only because of the name. A friend of mine who shall remain nameless for now just got back from the Philippines and wanted us to get together today for a quickie update suggested we meet for lunch. I had no suggestions to make as to where to meet. Sandi  was to meet us also. She suggested somewhere close to our homes.

Veggie Grill was the restaurant. The only reason I agreed is because, someone once mentioned they had "good stuff" in there. Since I am on a semi-diet and have reservations for a nice dinner with another friend tonight, I thought it would not hurt to try it out.

Soup was out of the question since the temperature outside was 90 degrees. Salad would be a great choice. They had a All Hale Kale salad which looked overly healthy so I did not have that. Instead, I had the Thai Chickin'. My other 2 friend ordered the Chickin' Wrap. We also ordered an appetizer to share, Crispy Cauliflower.


Let me start with the Crispy Cauliflower. It was delicious especially dipped in the sweet ad spicy orange sauce. The wrap looked quite sad. One comment was it was too salty. My other friend ate the whole thing but I think she just talked herself into thinking it was good. My salad looked promising. It was pretty; I would say: pretty bad! I felt like a rabbit on Easter Day. It was a beautiful arrangement of vegetables but completely tasteless and I got a real surprise when I was told that the terrible chicken was not chicken and that's why they called it chickin'. It might have been tofu which I normally like but this had no flavor.

Will I go back to Veggie Grill again.......when hell freezes! I forgive my friend Ana who probably is still suffering from jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment