Thursday, March 12, 2015

Avenue Italy

Aside from Jujuya in Rolling Hills Estates and restaurants at  Terrenea or Trump Golf Course, there are not too many good restaurants around. My friend Yvonne wanted to get together for lunch and she suggested the Italian restaurant at Golden Cove in Rancho Palos Verdes. Perfect.....I've never been there.

Avenue Italy is located at 31243 Palos Verdes Dr. West in Rancho Palos Verdes overlooking the ocean. It's a charming place and our server, Abel who used to work at Il Toscano was a welcome sight. He knew Yvonne quite well since they used to go often before the decline of the quality of food and service and finally closed.

Yvonne felt having pizza so she ordered the Parma Pizza; prosciutto crudo, arugula, cherry tomato and shaved parmigiana. I was tempted to order another kind of pizza so we can have a variety but I thought it would make more sense to order pasta so I can critique the way they cook and flavor their pasta. I opted for the Spaghetti Bolognese with traditional beef meat sauce. I informed Abel that I do like my pasta aldente.  Yvonne agreed to split both entrees; with a glass of Malbec, we were all set. Before our wine came, we got a basket of bread.


The pizza was very good, thin crust but not very crispy which was fine. The spaghetti bolognese was packed with flavor and it was aldente.  I probably should have taken a picture before I drowned it with parmigiano!


We had left over pizza as Yvonne didn't eat as much as I did....surprised? We decided to share an order of house made Tiramisu. How good could it be? It was light, not too sweet and delicious.


On the menu was a note that the chef would make any special dish upon request even if it is not on the menu. I can't wait to go back and try their many other specialties.

No comments:

Post a Comment