We were spending one night in Long Beach, so we decided to make the most of it and choose a restaurant we had never been to. I looked at the menu, and the pictures of the restaurant and the main dining room's ambiance looked very attractive. Unfortunately, I was informed that only the rooftop (they spell it roof tap) was available.
The manager, Marilyn, was kind enough to explain to me about the parking, which I had to do with a QR code, but it wasn't clear enough but was nice enough to help me figure it out. So right there, I thought we were in good hands.
Our server, Hugo, was just as kind and engaging. Sandi ordered the Philly Cheesesteak: shaved ribeye, grilled onions, pepperoncini, bell peppers, wild mushrooms, and American cheese. It was a generous portion. It was also served with a basket of French fries. I took a bite of the sandwich, and it was truly delicious.
I opted for the Duck Pappardelle with peas, wild mushrooms, and Asiago cheese. That was exceptionally good. The duck was shredded and was very tender. The pappardelle was aldente. Believe it or not, I didn't even ask for Parmesan cheese.
We didn't order dessert because we wanted to get back to the hotel and have a drink at their rooftop restaurant.
We had a problem with OpenTable. My $40 reward Mastercard was being rejected. Hugo was apologetic but called Marilyn. She tried several times, even at a different register, and the card kept getting declined. I finally said I would contact OpenTable the following day. I thought she went above and beyond to try once again to help me out. I was very impressed by this caring, outstanding service.
I would highly recommend this restaurant. Apparently, they open the main dining room on certain nights. BO-beau Kitchen + roof tap is located at 144 Pine Ave. in Long Beach, California.


No comments:
Post a Comment