Thursday, September 24, 2026

Avra Beverly Hills

I  can't say enough about this restaurant. We have been going there for their most affordable lunch specials. You get generous portions of everything, and their fish is superb.

Sugar, Zohreh, Sandi, and I were there last week. Since Sugar offers to drive each time, we all happily just hop in her car and head to Beverly Hills. 



For our appetizers, Sandi and Zohreh ordered the Spanakopita. Sugar had the Fish Souvlaki: 2 grilled, skewered Chilean sea bass. I always ordered the Spanakopita, so I wanted to try something else. I had the Salmon Tartare: salmon with peppers, cilantro, and shallots, paired with very good potato chips. I would definitely order that again. 

We had several choices for our entée. Sandi ordered the Fish of the Day, which was Dorado. The rest of us ordered the same thing, but with the whole Dorado, including the head. Our server Simon recommended it highly. This was served with Swiss chard.  The only reason why Sandi didn't go for it is that she dislikes seeing the head. After tasting our fish, Sandi thought it was much better than her headless fish.

Everyone was too full to eat their desserts. I had the Orange cake, and I devoured it. Our server, Simon, was such a delight. We have always had great service, and their servers are always fun to talk to.

Avra is located at 233 N. Beverly Dr. in Beverly Hills, California.





No comments:

Post a Comment