Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Majestic

Since we love this restaurant so much, Sandi and I thought it would be a great venue to celebrate my brother Gary's birthday and our cousin Ramon's birthday as well. Cindy joined us because she also enjoyed our last visit there. 

We thought there would be a show, but unfortunately, no one showed up this Thursday. They only have a performance on the 1st Thursday of the month, and I believe they also have a comedy night every Wednesday.

I took charge of ordering the appetizers. We had to have the best Focaccia we've all had before. The best because it was very light and airy, with the most delicious ricotta topping. 

Gary, Ramon, and I ordered the pizza with Spanish anchovy, squash blossom, leek, mozzarella, and burrata. Though Sandi and Cindy don't like anchovies, our server suggested they pick them off since there was only one piece per slice. We got to enjoy their anchovies. The pizza was divine! It had a generous amount of melted burrata. I can't wait to go back and order that again.

Gary and Sandi had the Pork Tenderloin; porcini and fennel rub, sweet & sour roasted shallots cooked in a Marsala reduction. The pork flavor was delicious. Ramon, Cindy, and I had the Rigatoni Fungi Bolognese, with crimini and trumpet mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, and parmesan cooked in veal stock.

We ordered a Peach dessert and an Affogato.  We ate it all before I remembered to take a picture, so you get the picture!

Gary and Ramon were presented with a Birthday Sorbet.  

Though the service was excellent. Sandi and I later found out we were charged for an extra Diet Coke.  We ordered a bottle of red wine, and since Sandi doesn't care for alcohol, she ordered a Diet Coke. Later on during our meal, a server came and gave her a fresh glass of Coke. She didn't order it, and we all thought it was a nice gesture. Well, the nice gesture cost $4.00. That is not right. They should have asked her if she wanted another one, not just given her one and charging for it. That's nickel-and-diming the customer. I hope they do something about that next time, or that will be our last time. It is the principle of it!l

Majestic is located at 921 S. Beacon St. in San Pedro, California.








 



No comments:

Post a Comment