My brother took Sandi and me to Colapasta for our very belated birthday. It was a hot day, and they were repairing their air conditioning. It was cool enough in the shade, so we ate outside. Our cousin Ramon joined us.
Our server recommended ordering their Focaccia to mop up the sauce from our plates. We took her suggestion; however, since we were hungry, we finished most of it before our entrées arrived!
We also ordered the Bresaola Arugula e Burrata; thinly sliced aged beef with burrata. That was inhaled by the four of us. We were so excited that I forgot to take a picture, so I went back to my old blog and took a photo from my laptop; hence, it's a bit blurry.
Ramon and I ordered 2 items to split. We chose the Lasagna with beef ragu and the Bucatini Aglio e Acciughe: garlic, olive oil, and anchovy butter. Both were delicious, but I must say, I hardly tasted any anchovy flavor.
Gary ordered what I originally wanted: the Squid Bavette with fresh crab and lightly spiced tomato sauce. Sandi had the Casarecce al Pesto: basil pesto with pine nuts, blanched cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls.
We were all very happy with our choices. I later read my blog on Colapasta in 2019. Sandi, Gary, and I ordered the Bresaola Arrugla, Lasagna, and Pesto with Arrugla.
Funny, we didn't order dessert as no one thought of it, and our server never mentioned dessert. Oh well, next time, as I'm sure there will be a next time.
Colapasta is still an authentic and wonderful Italian restaurant. They are located at 1241 5th St. in Santa Monica, California.







No comments:
Post a Comment