Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Laura's Rigatoni Ala Vodka

Our friend Laura decided to make us an Italian dinner. She prepared the secondi and made the primi,  Burrata with Black Truffles on a bed of prosciutto drizzled with olive oil sprinkled with salt and fresh ground pepper. Sandi and I had to split one of those burrata balls since they were big, and we had to leave room for the pasta, salad, and bread. Erik had the assignment of getting some crusty bread, and he opted for Olive bread to stay with the Italian theme. 

The burrata was incredibly delicious. I could have eaten a whole one, but we had to restrain ourselves. The salad and bread went well with the wonderful Rigatoni served with fresh arugula, shaved parmesan, and some olives. We all loved the rigatoni.  I have to mention that this is the first time in history that I could not finish any pasta on my plate. This was only due to the humongous portion she put on my plate!

I had nothing for dessert except ice cream but lo and behold, I got a text from our friend Milena, aka Ms. Gourmet, and she had a dessert delivered just in the time shortly before dinner. She had sent us a box of Burnt Basque Cheesecake from Mr. Tetsu. It was a really nice ending to our dinner. The cheesecake was very light, not sweet, and had a lemony custard-like center.

Thank you to Laura for a job well done, and thank you, Milena, for sending us the perfect dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment