Sunday, July 12, 2020

Spaghetti a la Sandi

Sandi had a house guest, Sivad, who is a firefighter in Detroit. He recently stopped eating meat, so Sandi decided to make a bolognese without the meat. She called Zohreh for her sauce recipe which has a variety of herbs, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and lots of mushrooms, I call it Spaghetti Mushroomese ( I just invented this Italian word).


She served the spaghetti with a delicious Arugula Salad with yellow beets, asparagus, and shallots and feta cheese. The mustard dressing was especially delicious, which consisted of equal parts of red wine vinegar and mustard, canola oil, shallots, salt, and pepper. This dressing complimented the slightly bitter arugula and the feta cheese. 


The portion of spaghetti she gave me was humongous, and I made it a point to tell her she put too much on my plate. Much to my amazement, I consumed the whole thing! Sivad made a polite comment: " You did good," but he probably meant to say: " You ate like a pig." We decided that this recipe is a keeper though Sandi still thinks Zohre's tastes better.

Sandi apologized for not having a "real dessert." She served ice cream and the chewy chocolate cookie from Torrance Bakery. At the end of this meal, I really felt like a pig!


Thanks again, Sandi, for another excellent meal.


2 comments:

  1. This meal looks delicious! It was delicious! How do I know? Well, I was the privileged guest, from Detroit. You are correct, in every delightful detail of this fine dining. Kudos to Sandi. Kudos to you, Karina, as well. I shall fondly remember breaking bread with you both, over "Mushroomese." BTW: Saying "you did good" meant that I respect a woman who enjoys her food and makes no excuses about finishing her meal. Until next visit, "Be healthy and blessings to you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said.... Thank you. It was very nice meeting you; enjoyed your company. Till the next dinner..............

    ReplyDelete