Sunday, July 26, 2020

Forma

This restaurant really does not disappoint. Sandi and I had reservations a couple of weeks ago when Governor Nuisance decided all restaurants should close again, even if most of them were following the guidelines of social distancing, masks, etc. He did, however, allow outdoor sitting.

Sandi and I have been craving for the Fried Artichoke Salad and Cacio e Pepe. We made a reservation for today at 2 p.m. A few hours before, Sandi called and had to cancel since she was not feeling good due to sciatica, not COVID. She was almost in tears because she had looked forward to this, and so did I. Luckily, I was able to drag my son along instead of canceling the reservation.


It was a bit chilly, but they had heaters, so it was quite pleasant. I wanted my son to try the beautiful fried artichoke salad, so we split one. In honor of Sandi's absence, I thought I would skip the Cacio e Pepe and order something else. Erik ordered the Ceviche, and I opted for the Salmon Pizza.


The salad was delicious as ever. The Ceviche was nice and fresh; wild snapper, avocado, mango, cucumbers, onions chili, and a citrus dressing served with taro chips. The Salmon Pizza was outstanding. I've never had a crust that thin and crusty. The topping had a layer of crème fraîche, mozzarella, mascarpone, salmon, and capers. It might be the best pizza yet that I have had, and I've had a few of them!


Erik was impressed with the food. Who wouldn't? Grazie mille to our server Gianfranco who took good care of us. I was sorry to have missed Mario, who had just left fifteen minutes before we got there. Hope to see him next time!

Forma is located at 1610 Montana Ave. in Santa Monica, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment