Monday, July 6, 2020

Lobster Tails

I don't get to have Lobster Tails often because they can be expensive as they are usually served with a piece of steak. The ones they serve at Lawry's Prime Rib is always cooked to perfection. When I saw the ad for Ralph's Supermarket that had them on sale for $3.99 each, I immediately went and got a few. I allowed for 2 tails per person since you only get about 3 bites for one. I planned to serve them with baked potatoes and roasted chicken, which I bought in their Deli section. I looked for the easiest recipe and decided to bake them instead of boiling. The method called for cracking the lobster tail, (cutting in the middle with a pair of scissors) and pulling the meat out of the shell but leaving it attached.  I squeezed lemon on them and brushed them with melted butter, sprinkled a bit of paprika. At the bottom of the pan, I poured melted butter and some champagne since I didn't have white wine. That allowed for a steaming effect so as not to dry the meat.


We were all surprised at how delicious and succulent they were. I have to say that preparing lobster tails are not that easy. Separating the shell was tricky. I kept thinking I would cut my fingers and end up in the Emergency Room. Luckily, that didn't happen. I now have more appreciation for these lobster tails since I now know what it involves to make them look pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment