Monday, April 27, 2020

Best Lemon Squares

I had made lemon bars in the past, which were okay but not what I would call great.  Recently while going through my recipes, I came across a handwritten one called Lemon Squares and I decided to give them a try.  I seldom bake since it is always easier to go buy dessert or wait until Sandi bakes one of her numerous creations.


Not knowing much about baking, I decided to alter the recipe and add more lemon juice since I was given an abundance of fresh lemons. Instead of 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, I used 7 tablespoons, and I decided to add 2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon rind, which the recipe did not call for.

The only downside of this recipe is because of the added liquid, it altered the consistency of the lemon squares in that when I tried to cut them, portions of it came off with the knife. In other words, I was unable to get a clean cut. Other than that, it was fantastic and was the best lemon squares/bars I have ever had if I may so say myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment