Sunday, December 31, 2023

Dominique's Kitchen

It's been a while since I was at Dominique's Kitchen in Redondo Beach. Cindy, Zohreh, and I thought it was time to revisit the restaurant. 

We were greeted by the lovely Liza, Dominque's wife, who looked younger. She swore it was just moisturizers, but I'm sure her almost daily golfing is what's keeping her young. 

We settled in a lovely table; our server, Casey, was very personable and delightful. She recited the specials of the evening. We ordered the Garlic Fries to share and shared a Wedge Salad, which was delicious. 


For our entrée, we made it easy for Casey. We all had the same order, which was their Sole. Cindy and I have had it in the past, and we loved how it was fresh, flaky, and tasty. The Sole was pan-seared and served with black rice, wilted spinach with lime and tarragon butter. This was unlike the previous Sole, but it was still perfect, if not better.

Casey came back to check if we had room for dessert, and before anyone could answer, I said: "Yes." We shared the Panna Cotta of the day, which included berries. Light and not sweet, the perfect way to end a beautiful meal. 

Thank you, Liza, for your hospitality. It was so lovely to see you and catch up! Dominique's Kitchen has always been special to me. It was 10 years ago that I celebrated my 60th birthday there, and it was quite a celebration.




No comments:

Post a Comment