Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Bettolino Kitchen

I had not seen Sister Terrence in about 2 years. The last time was when I had her over for dinner at my house. I meant to call her, but something always came up, and I'd forget until I got the Peninsula magazine and saw her on the front page. I finally called and asked her if she was free for a late lunch. Lo and behold, she agreed to meet. 

I took her to Bettolino Kitchen. She ordered a glass of Pino Grigio, and I had a Cabernet. She's allergic to shellfish, so we couldn't order their delicious Calamari. We both enjoyed the bread and the dip with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

The Gemelli Con Oxail caught her eye as she mentioned that she did love oxtail. I wanted to order the pasta with squid ink, but unfortunately, they took it off the menu. I settled for one of my favorites, the Tortelloni Al Limone, which was as delicious as ever. Sister Terrence managed to eat only half, though she did love her oxtail pasta. She planned to consume the rest for a late dinner. I told her this was my dinner (our reservation was for 3pm, though we arrived early). On the other hand, she goes to bed at 2:00 -2:30 in the morning!


Nothing caught her eye for dessert. She wanted gelato, and they did have it, but only had Vanilla, which was fine. She had a scoop of gelato and cappuccino. I skipped dessert but ordered a cappuccino as well.

The service was excellent, and we were happy with our dining experience. 

Bettolino Kitchen is located at 211 Palos Verdes Blvd. in Redondo Beach, California.


1 comment:

  1. Was that sister, Terrence Landini? If so, I remember her as being so kind always to me. If so, please give her my regards.

    ReplyDelete