Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Via Firenze

In 2013, Sandi and I introduced a friend to this restaurant, and he was so impressed with the food and service that he treated us that evening. When Sandi and I returned in 2015 with another friend who had never been there, it was a disaster that the friend commented that she would not return. I had forgotten all about that evening until I read my old blog.

Last night my friend Mary who has never been there, and I met there to celebrate both our birthdays. I was anxious to see Chef Mike, but he was not there. The servers were all new to me. We had Daniel, who was very attentive, and so was his helper. I had found an old $25 off coupon for this restaurant that Daniel commented that he had never seen that before. The $25 took care of the corkage fee. I brought a bottle of wine which Mary and I loved!

We split a Caesar Salad to begin with, and decided it was pasta night. After all, who goes to an Italian restaurant and does not have pasta? She went for the Rigatoni Bolognese Con Polpettine (meatballs), and I had the Spaghetti al Nero Riviera (Squid ink pasta with shrimp & calamari). Mary was thrilled with her Bolognese, and I was ecstatic over my Spaghetti al Nero. I was in 7th heaven! Both plates of pasta were cooked aldente



We didn't have to order dessert as we were presented with a delicious Tiramisu. I got all excited to see the 2 candles that looked like miniature bottles of champagne which I found to be adorable.

I am happy to report that I will definitely go back to Via Firenze. It has been there since the '90s! Via Firenze is located at 4485 Torrance Blvd. in Torrance, California.



No comments:

Post a Comment