Monday, June 28, 2021

Nick's Manhattan Beach

My friend Yvonne invited me to lunch at Nick's in Manhattan Beach. I was excited since I've never even heard of Nick's. However, she's been there, so I expected it to be good. Since it was my first time, I didn't want to venture too much, so I decided to take her suggestion. We both settled for the Bistro Plate. A petite filet mignon topped with steak butter on garlic toast. It included a bistro salad and a generous cup of the day's soup; that day, it was tomato. 

The steak, though really petite, was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The salad was also delicious, and the soup was all about the flavor. It had the right balance of acidity and sweetness. The portion is just right, and I think this is perfectly calculated to have room for dessert. 

Yvonne mentioned that she loved their signature Warm Butter Cake. I almost ordered that, but I saw an 8-Layer Lemon Cake, so I decided to try that. The Butter Cake was truly wonderful. It had a crystallized sugar crust and was served with vanilla ice cream garnished with a berry compote.  I, too, loved it. My Lemon Cake was equally as good, with tangy lemon curd between the cake and a creamy vanilla frosting. Unfortunately, I have to admit that I couldn't finish this humungous slice of cake.

This will definitely not be my last time at Nick's. Nick's has several locations. The one in Manhattan Beach is located at 451 Manhattan Blvd. I thank my friend Yvonne for introducing me to Nick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment