Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Burgerim

This burger joint just opened near my friend Sandi's house. We were both curious what this new joint was all about. After attending mass last Saturday, we decided to check it out. We were lucky to find a parking spot since the location is in a small strip mall with limited parking.

We checked out the menu and we were both confused because of the menu choices of buns, patties sauces, styles, and those were just for the burgers. They also offered fish, chicken, lamb, salads and sides. There's a duo and a trio. There was no single order, so I said I want the duo but with just one hamburger patty. I obviously misunderstood because the duo did not mean 2 patties, it meant 2 sandwiches. The lady then mentioned that the burgers were small.


I ordered one with Wagyu beef (.75 extra) and the other Dry-aged beef. I opted for the California style which had Swiss cheese, mixed greens, tomato, avocado, and chipotle mayonnaise. Sandi, confused as I was just had 2 Wagyu beef with Classic style which had American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, and house sauce. We ordered the burgerim fries and onion rings.


Both my burgers were delicious and tasted fresh. I liked one better than the other but I couldn't tell which was what since they were not labeled. Sandi was very happy with both her Wagyu beef sandwiches. We enjoyed the fries which were tasty disc-like potatoes and the onion rings were the best we've had.

While we were enjoying our dinner, the owner Rashid came by to ask how everything was. He was a nice man and seemed truly concerned. We could see how busy he was in the back with his wife Ayesha. I know I would definitely go back and maybe try the lamb next time.

We were curious about how this Burgerim seemed like it came out of nowhere popping up all over the place like wild mushrooms. I later found out the meaning of Burgerim. It is Hebrew which means "lots of burgers". The founders were from Israel. Here in the U.S., they started in Hollywood but since 2011, they have expanded all over the U.S. and internationally as well.

Burgerim is located at 24218 Crenshaw Blvd. in the city of Torrance, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment