Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tous les Jours

I have only tried some of the cakes from Tous de Jours located inside the H Mart Korean market in Torrance.

Recently I saw a free standing Tous les Jours at 2814 Sepulveda Blvd. #A also in Torrance. I went in and saw the beautiful cakes I've seen in the other store but was not impressed upon trying a few. This time, I concentrated on the other pastries. I didn't know what to buy so naturally I bought a bunch. How else will I know what's good, right?


I got a Maple Bacon Delight, Pain Aux Raisins, Pineapple Jam Pastry, Almond Croissant, Croquette Donut which is fried and stuffed with pork and assorted vegetables. The maple bacon was not delightful as it was too sicky sweet. The pan aux raisins was just o.k.; unlike the ones L'Amande Bakery used to have which was outstanding. The croquette donut and the almond croissant was also just okay.


My favorite out of all of them were the Cheesy Donut which had cheese inside a very light crispy shell. The cheese ball is in one spot but when you press the donut to take a bite, the cheese is evenly distributed so each bite would have the yummy cheese. The other donut that is just as good is the Sesame Fried Donut with sesame seeds. This had no filling but was still delicious especially with a strong cup of coffee.


I also got one Croque Monsieur which I could not eat the same day. I refrigerated it and toasted it the following morning. I even burned it a bit. It was a very good ham and cheese sandwich with something sweet. I couldn't tell what made it sweet.


Tous les Jours has a multitude of breads which looks good so I will have to try some if not all sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment