Sunday, August 18, 2024

Giorgio's

Giorgio's in Rolling Hills Estates has been in operation for about 10 years. My friend Berenice took me there shortly after it opened. Berenice used to own Cafe Cego's with her husband Gerhard, which used to occupy the current Giorgio's. I spoke with Berenice to ask her how the food was, as I could not remember. She remembered the food as very good, so yesterday after church, Zohreh, Sandi, and I went for dinner. 

Our reservation was for 6:15 p.m., which is late for us seniors. I asked if Cristian, the server, was working that evening, and the lady said yes and that he would be our server. I've known Cristian since Cafe Cego's days. It was nice seeing an old friend; I used to hang out at the restaurant at least 3-4 days a week. 

Before we placed our orders, they brought us a bread basket with a bowl of chopped tomatoes and herbs. We all decided to have a salad with our entrée. Zohreh had the Garden Salad with Blue Cheese dressing, and Sandi and I had the Caesar Salad. The salads were a nice portion and delicious. 

For our entrées, Sandi and Zohreh ordered the special Sea Bass Piccata, which was delicious but had a few bones in it; luckily, they were big enough that one could not miss them. This was served with veggies. It was perfectly cooked if you like your veggies on the soft side. You must let them know in advance if you prefer them on the "aldente" side.

I didn't even have to look at the menu until Cristian mentioned that Giorgio had just returned from Italy and had brought truffles. I then ordered the Pappardelle with truffles. I noticed it was mixed with other mushrooms, which was fine. It was delicious. 

We were all pleasantly full. I couldn't believe I was unable to finish my pasta; I had to take it home. We were not planning to have dessert, but Cristian surprised us with a wonderful dessert of Spumoni with Tiramisu.  Thank you, Cristian. This is a continuation of a beautiful friendship. We shall be back!

Giorgios's is at 777 Deep Valley Dr., Rolling Hills Estates, California.



1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your post! You do go way back to the Cego days. Love Giorgio‘s too! Food, owners and service are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete