Friday, June 2, 2023

Misto Caffé & Bakery

I occasionally get coupons in the mail; lo and behold, there was one for Misto Caffé and Bakery. Zohreh, Sandi, and I went for late lunch or early dinner two weeks ago. If you order an entrée, you get the second for less with a minimum of 2 drinks. It was perfect since Sandi doesn't drink red wine, so she ordered a Diet Coke, and the corkage fee counted for the second drink. We were all happy with what we had ordered, so we decided to do a return visit.

We ordered the Crispy Calamari, which was indeed very crispy with its secret sauce. It's one of the best I have had. Zohreh and Sandi ordered the Almond Crusted Sea Bass with sweet Marsala wine sauce served with mashed potatoes and spinach. The fish had a lot of flavor, and I had a bite, and it was crispy and delicious. Both Zohreh and Sandi were happy.

I opted for Misto's Mixed Grill. It had 2 large prawns, 2 pieces of crabcakes, 2 pieces of sea bass with mashed potatoes, and a Caesar Salad. I was impressed with the amount of food. It had everything; this was not just quantity but quality. I cleaned out my plate! Though I almost always had room for dessert, this time, I had to pass. 

Our server, Gabriel, is getting to know us as he sometimes joins us in conversation. We all plan to return and have Gabriel or Raul, who has also been our server for a long time. 

Misto is located at 24558 Hawthorne Blvd. at the Hillside Village in Torrance, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment