Thursday, October 13, 2022

Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine

Bossa Nova Brazilian Restaurant has been around for at least 25 years. I have been to several of their locations, most of them in Los Angeles. When I discovered recently that they have one closer to home, I was able to talk Zohreh into coming with me for an early dinner. It was exciting to see they have a bakery section and an array of Brazilian goodies for sale. 

Looking at the menu was thrilling; too many choices, from bowls, salads, pizza, seafood, steaks, etc. Zohreh found her pick: Sea Bass Fillet with black beans, sweet potatoes, and roasted vegetables. The fish looked and tasted very good, and I had a bite to check it out. Zohreh particularly loved the roasted veggies as well as the sweet potatoes. 

I ordered the Camarao a Brasileira. Generous portions of succulent shrimp roasted with garlic. My plate came with black beans, salsa, mashed potatoes, and plantains. I loved the powdery stuff that was supposed to be mixed with the salsa and shrimp. I didn't know what it was till I asked our server David who helped explain what it was and how to consume it. It was yucca! I don't know what they did to it, but it was so good and really enhanced everything.

Bossa Nova is excellent, and I can't wait to go back and try the many other dishes on their menu. This branch is located at 4460 W. Rosecrans in Hawthorne, California.



No comments:

Post a Comment