Monday, September 5, 2022

Lodge Bread

I came across Lodge Bread while Sandi and I were at the Farmer's Market at Wilson Park in Torrance about a month ago. It's the type of bread I love but I've never had this one so I thought it would be good to try. My eyes popped out when I saw all the other items they had; from croisant pastries, scones, monkey bread, etc. They also had a wide variety of breads which I will have to try.

I had to restrain myself in just picking one kind of bread so it had to be the sourdough Country Bread. The Lemon Poppyseed Scone looked good so I got one of those.


As soon as we got home, I started slicing the very crusty loaf. We had it with some Irish butter and jam. The bread was airy inside, the crust was a bit bitter which we absolutely loved! This is the type of bread that would go well with some thick homemade soup or sandwich or just plain, by plain, I mean with butter! It cost $10 but every bite is worth it.

The Lemon Poppyseed Scone was good but a bit dry. We had it with some lemon curd which brought out the lemon flavor more. I will have to get the Monkey Bread the next time as it looked delicious.


Lodge Bread has several locations in Los Angeles but they are at the Farmer's Market on Wilson Park in Torrance every Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment