Monday, April 4, 2016

Cabbage Soup Diet-Day One

I did this diet once upon a time. My husband liked it so much that when he asked me to make it again after numerous times, I just couldn't do it. My friend Cindy volunteered to make it for him. It's been a long time and since time heals......I thought it was time to try it one more time. This time, I have company, Sandi agreed to suffer with me.

The recipe calls for a ton of vegetables and tomatoes. In case you are interested, here it is: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13116/cabbage-fat-burning-soup/

Yesterday, after chopping all the vegetables, I dumped them in a big pot only to discover my pot was not big enough so I got my deepest, (spaghetti sauce) pot. The mixed vegetables looked like horse food. I was beginning to get depressed just looking at this sad concoction. It took a while to cook. When it was all done, it almost looked desirable. I had to cool it before I stored it in numerous containers for the next day.


Today is Day One of our Cabbage Soup Diet. According to the eating plan, we could eat all the fruit we want (except bananas) and soup. For drinks; unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water. This morning, Sandi and I met at the gym at 6:00 a.m. and walked outside for 2 miles. On our way back to the gym, we both got hunger pains. We could only look forward to eating our breakfast which was an apple. We decided to have it together for moral support. She cut her apple into thin slices, she also thought it would make her think she was eating more. I cut mine into fat slices to get it over with. The first bite was o.k. but after the 3rd bite it seemed like a chore chewing on the apple. Sandi thought it would have been good to be able to dip the slices in caramel. I wanted sharp cheese to go with mine. To drink, we had tea ( I don't like tea).  We tried to study our Italian before our lesson. I don't think apples are food for the brain.


I left her house before noon.  I was looking forward to the soup. After one apple, the soup was beginning to sound good. At 11:00 I heated a big bowl of soup. It was delicious. Of course I would have enjoyed it more with a slice of French bread and butter.


Dinner was again another big bowl of soup. This time I had it with Cranberry Juice.  Dessert had to be fruit. I still had lemon bars in the refrigerator but I was good and had some watermelon instead with a bit of salt.


It will be interesting to see if we really lose some weight. Sandi is in the same boat.  I just spoke with her and she informed me that she won't be having her fruit till later tonight. If I get hungry, I could have more fruit or cabbage soup. I will try to just have water. Tomorrow, Day Two should be a tiny bit better. It's going to be a looong week.

No comments:

Post a Comment