Friday, April 8, 2016

Cabbage Soup Diet - Day Five

You've heard of the saying: "If God closes the door, he opens a window", well He did open a rather large window on this 5th day of our cabbage soup diet. This morning was still a bowl of soup but lunch was exciting.  Day Five states we could have Beef and Tomatoes. Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to 6 fresh tomatoes. We are to drink 6-8 glasses of water to wash the uric acid from our bodies. We also have to eat soup at least once. We also could have had broiled or baked chicken instead of beef but with no skin.

I had lunch at Sandi's house. She prepared hamburger with onions (onions being a vegetable was allowed). She let the onions cook longer and intentionally burnt them. That gave a nice flavor to the plain burger. It tasted very good since we were meat deprived. I did crave some mayo and ketchup but that was not allowed. I also missed the bun. Our stomachs were jumping with joy as they too have been equally deprived. We no longer got hunger pains the rest of the afternoon.


Dinner was at my house. Since we were allowed steak, I bought a some Rib eyes. I thought we needed the fat to get some flavor. I trimmed the excess fat and sprayed a tiny spritz of Pam (olive oil) and added some fresh rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. I then proceeded to cook them on the stove in a grill pan. I also cut up some tomatoes and sprinkled some salt and pepper.


This was the best dinner of this diet. It doesn't get better than this so we really enjoyed it as we savored every bite. Of course, it would have been better with a baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives and bacon bits.

After the dinner, we discussed how hard it was not to have even a piece of chocolate, especially since there was a large jar of chocolates behind me!  We were and are able to say NO to sweets; We are so proud of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment