Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pierre Herme

One of the best if not the best bakeries in Paris. You will not get a better Kouign Amann  anywhere else. That is a croissant type dough that is baked with just butter and sugar.  I'm not really sure. What I am sure about is the fantastic taste from your first bite to the last.


I planned to to get sick of this product while I was in Paris. It never happened. It is so good that I think it is not possible to ever get tired of it.  You just taste butter crust and sugar. I had forgotten what it looked like since I was used to the ones I would buy at Bouchon Bakery in Beverly Hills which is very good; the best in Los Angeles. When I finally went in Pierre Herme, I was surprised to see it looked very much like L'Amande Bakery's Papillote.  I guess you can say their papillote is a cousin of kouign amann as the papillote has a bit of custard inside.

When we got to Paris, Milena and Ramon bought several pastries from there to welcome us.


We felt very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment