Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ginza Grill

Ginza Grill is at the new food court now known as the patio cafes in the Del Amo mall in Torrance California.  Three of us were shopping last week and we ended up having dinner there.


Service was slow. I sampled the teriyaki chicken and thought it was too salty. We ordered the Spicy Beef Teriyaki which comes with your choice of rice, noodles or both. The Crispy Sesame Shrimp with a sweet and sour sauce looked delicious. While we waited for our order, we shared the Edamame, served warm with sea salt. That was good!  Both entrees were exceptionally good. I was impressed with the tenderness of the steak and the crispiness of the shrimp without too much breading. It was perfect and was even more enjoyable for the price of $7.95. The beef was $7.45.


I tried to call Ginza Grill numerous times the following days after our visit since I wanted to learn more about the shrimps. I called at different times and no one ever answered the phone. I later dug up my receipt and there was a different phone number on it. Every time I dialled the number, a man would answer and as soon as I asked if this was the Ginza Grill, he abruptly said: "Wrong number." I later looked at yelp and I found the same comments. I don't know what this all means but while they are still in business, do try the 2 items as they are really quite good for the price.

Ginza Grill is at 21712 Hawthorne Blvd. in Torrance, California at the Del Amo Mall.

1 comment:

  1. I went back to Ginza Grill yesterday, 1/14/15. The steak was not cooked the same way. It was tougher and cooked rare. The crispy shrimp was still very good. I asked the server who the owner was; his name is Steve who shows up at times. I informed her that I called the number on the receipt several times and he would hang up. Wow..this guy does not seem to care as long as the money rolls in. He apparently owns several restaurants there. Well, money might not be rolling in with his attitude.

    ReplyDelete