Saturday, October 19, 2013

French Pumpkin Pie

Now that I got your attention, I must confess there is no such thing as "French" Pumpkin Pie.
This is the "French" version of L'Amande Bakery's Thanksgiving pie.

I have to tell you that I absolutely cannot stand pumpkin pie. People that know me knows what I call the pie. (Use your imagination and you'll get it)

I was at the right place at the right time today when I had the opportunity to try this pie. It is not your traditional pie that has too much pumpkin; heavy, rich or too eggy.
Let's start with the looks: the presentation is enough to get anyone excited. It is made with layers and layers of thin crust and butter of course with just enough filling of delicious pumpkin that does not overpower the taste buds, topped with toasted pecans. By the way, this is a healthy pie since it is made with vegetable (pumpkin) and nuts which are nutritious.


I can't hardly wait for Thanksgiving. I even imagined having it as a filling in a croissant that they make to perfection. They will be making a limited number of these pies for Thanksgiving so make sure you order yours soon.

You've heard of the saying " if a picture paints a thousand words..." This picture paints a zillion words. It really taste much better than it looks. The slice below is a bit flattened since it was cut while warm. We just couldn't wait!



L'Amande Bakery is located at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment