Friday, September 22, 2023

Tomato Butter Pasta in the Microwave

This recipe came from Anyday, the microwave bowls sold on Facebook. I bought the 2 large bowls. When you buy the product, they send you recipes online.  I was skeptical when it came to reading the recipe for the Tomato Butter Pasta, but I decided to try it and hope for the best. 

The part I was not happy about was breaking the linguine in half. This was a necessity since it would not have been able to fit in the deep bowl. But, since this was an experiment and I did not have any guests as guinea pigs, I was bold enough to go for it. 

It called for first breaking the pasta, then adding water to the bowl, then adding salt, diced onions, and lots of butter, then cooking it in the microwave for 14-15 minutes. When the pasta is slightly aldente, you're supposed to mix it vigorously, then add the crushed tomatoes (I added some chopped artichoke hearts), and heat it for another minute. 

One of their suggestions was to add ricotta or burrata on top. I chose burrata and garnished it with basil. 

I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. Of course, I had to add my usual Parmesan cheese, but it was quite delicious and fresh-tasting! I can't wait to try their other quick and easy menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment