Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Jame Enoteca

We wanted to take advantage of the dineLA, so Sujata, Sandi, and I went to Jame Enoteca. The menu which we checked out before making the reservation looked delicious, especially when I noticed that the crispy Brussels sprouts were included in the Prix-fixe lunch menu, which got me all excited.


It was the hottest day of the week. Fortunately, we were seated at the same table we occupied a couple of months ago; it was in a shaded area with a roof, next to the cleaners. This time the cleaners were closed, so we had to be careful not to splatter any sauce on our outfits! Since it was hot, I decided to order a soda instead of a glass of wine. Our server Francesca politely said she can substitute a coke for the wine. I was stunned and asked her what she meant.  A glass of wine was complimentary with the $20 lunch, which included a starter and an entrĂ©e. Naturally, the wine sounded much better than diet coke, so I forgot about the heat.


Since Sujata ordered the Brussels Sprouts for her starter and she promised to share a bit of that, I wanted to try the Spicy Caesar Salad. Sandi had the Meatballs with arugula. The Brussels Sprouts were delicious as ever; salty and tangy and burnt (in a perfect way). I loved my Spicy Caesar Salad. I've never had anything like it. It was crispy on account of the breadcrumbs. The dressing was reminiscent of a thousand island dressing.  I would definitely order that again. The meatballs were good as well.


Both Sandi and Sujata ordered the Spicy Rigatoni "all vodka" with chili, basil, and parmesan. I had the Cappellini, 36-hour tomato sauce, basil, and parmesan. It was excellent though, with that wonderful sauce, I think it would have been better on a different kind of pasta like penne, rigatoni, fettuccine. I think Cappellini should be reserved for basic Pomodoro with basil.


We could not decide which dessert to order, so we ordered two. One was the Key Lime Pie, and the other was a Peach Cobbler. We all loved the Key Lime. However, it was unanimous that the Peach Cobbler was not good. The peaches were not sweet at all, and the crumbly part on top, which makes the cobbler, was not crispy. I don't think this should be on the menu at all.


Our server Francesca was very gracious as she apologized and took it off our bill, which we were grateful for. A sign of good service. This is the type of restaurant that we would come back to not just because it has good food, but you can tell the servers are trained to listen to the customers.
Jame Enoteca is located at a small strip mall in El Segundo, California.







No comments:

Post a Comment