Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cottage Cheese and What?

I am trying to eat better and do my body good (yeah right!).  A few days ago I bought the Lowfat Cottage Cheese with Pineapple made by Knudsen. I thought the pineapple would at least give it a little sweet flavor. I also bought one of those healthy yogurts that  had a bit of pineapple. I mixed a little of both. It was boring but tolerable.


Today, I am out of yogurt thank God, and as I looked down on the bowl of 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, I almost cried and felt sorry for myself. I had to put something in it. On my counter was an open package of dried apricots and some potato chips. How bad could it be....so I experimented.


Believe it or not; it worked. The chewy apricots went well to resurrect the "blahness" of the cottage cheese. The crunchiness of the potato chips made things exciting. I know it might sound awful to some but that's only because you have not tried it. Think chocolate with bacon or sea salt chocolate....these are things we did not have years ago till someone was bold enough to experiment. Try it, if you like it let me know by commenting below the blog. If you think it is disgusting, don't bother to comment; to each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment