Friday, May 15, 2015

Sweetee Thai

Sandi and I had the pleasure of having dinner at Sweetee Thai recently. Our friends Ana and Gonz have been there numerous times and have always liked their food. I was excited to join them with other members of her family. 


The restaurant was busy; a lot of energy.  Everything on the tables looked good as we walked by people dining. As we sat, we were all given the menu. I didn't bother to look at it. I surrendered my soul entirely to both Ana and Gonz. Anything they ordered would be fine with me. Well, anything but the fresh coconut which they both loved. I dislike coconut and the juice of it but since I was their guest, I thought I would be kind and be a good sport to try the coconut again in case my palate has changed. I took a bite of it and eeewww....it tasted like a thick chunk of white cardboard! I gave it a chance and to this day, I still hate coconut.


The food they ordered made up for the unpleasant experience. We had calamari and soft shell crab. Those were delicious. Sandi thought it was the best calamari she's ever had. They ordered Beef Satay,Thai Spaghetti, Crab Fried Rice, Phad Thai, Pad See Eu. This was truly a feast. I loved all the dishes. My only complaint was the rice didn't come till later. I have to remember that when I go to a Thai restaurant, I will ask them to bring the rice first as it is the essence of the meal. I want every portion of food scooped into my spoon to have some rice with it.  This is how I was brought up and honestly, I think it is the best way to eat. How much food can you stick on your fork? 


For dessert, we shared the Sticky Rice with Mango. Warm sticky rice with coconut milk (I like coconut milk in food; not to be confused with the fresh juice) That was wonderful with the fresh mango. It was a nice ending to our meal. We were all stuffed. Gonz had suggested earlier that we should walk around the block but no one took him seriously....thank God!


Thanks to Ana and Gonz for introducing me to the best Thai Restaurant yet.  Sweetee Thai has two locations, one in the city of Cypress and the other one in Artesia, California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment