Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Farewell to Lillian

Lillian is Sandi's mom who just passed away last week. We decided to celebrate her life before she succumbed to her illness.



It was only natural to invite Sandi's closest friends and all came except for Mertz since she was in Chicago working. She was there in spirit. Talk about spirit, I think Lillian came to visit, as she did not want to miss the party. Two people heard a knock on the front door and as I went to investigate, there was no one there!


Lillian's favorite flowers were "forget-me-not's" so I thought it was appropriate to send people home with some forget-me-not's to plant.


Sue brought a shrimp salad with yellow peppers and mango. Amy made some asparagus wrapped with teriyaki beef and brought these cake like truffles made into flowers (only the center was edible). Sandi made her famous meatballs. I ordered teriyaki chicken and macaroni-potato salad and rice. Ana furnished the wonderful cheesecake with the most incredible crust with strawberry puree. Gary brought some macarons from "lette.


We toasted to Lillian's life here on earth and felt blessed and happy that she is definitely in a much better place reunited with her husband. As the guests drank more champagne, the party got livelier. Everyone had fun and I am sure Lillian was looking down on us thinking "what a crazy bunch of people". Lillian loved to host and attend parties. She was a party girl....so here's to Lillian.


5 comments:

  1. Yes that is so true, a party girl, on occasions I recall, and absolutely hysterical for one to see. I remember the bird she helped by putting it in a bird cage while its wing repaired. That evening out with friends, late. I was awoken to someone singing loudly " oh what a beautiful bird", over and over. We soon realized it was mom, who had a little snort too much, but happy as a clam just singing away. I will always remember that night as she went to bed singing ' bye bye birdie".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the memories. The food certainly looks fantastic, as always. Thank you for your kindness and the tribute. Will always remember the people in her life. With God's great blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom was quite the cook herself, but mostly meat and potatoes as that is how Dad liked his food. I loved the food you had out there and wish I could have been part of that party. Thank you for sharing this with my sister Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the memories. The food certainly looks fantastic, as always. Thank you for your kindness and the tribute. Will always remember the people in her life. With God's great blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all welcome. The pleasure was mine. Sandi is like a sister to me and I feel honored to have met and spent a little time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete