Saturday, May 25, 2013

Obika Mozzarella Bar Ristorante

Last week I finally thought I would cash in on a couple of vouchers I purchased for Obika Mozzarella Bar.  While my mom was still here we ventured to one of its locations in Century City.  Since my son works around the corner from there, I asked him if he would like to meet us there; and since I invited him, I decided to invite my brother as well; the more the merrier.



The making of mozzarella di Bufala (creamy milk from a water buffalo) is interesting to watch. See link attached:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTjiTt4MVW0&feature=youtu.be

My favorite mozzarella is the Stracciatelle di Burrata. Our voucher included a mini-tasting of 2 kinds of mozzarella: Classica which had a delicate taste and the Affumicata which is naturally smoked. These are to be eaten with olive oil and some balsamic vinegar otherwise it is pretty bland.  They both had the delicate flavor but it was nothing like the Burrata which is extra creamy.


A pizza was to be shared by 2 people but since there were 4 of us, we just ordered another pizza and decided to share everything.  My mom ad I ordered the one with the prosciutto which was very good.  My brother left it to my son to order what he liked.  He of course had to order something healthy. He ordered the salmon which was very fresh but it lacked flavor. Not to worry as a little bit of balsamic vinegar gave it that oomph it needed.



Obika has 2 locations in Los Angeles; Westfield Century City Shopping Center and at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles. They also have locations all over Italy, Japan, Canada, Turkey and lets not forget good old New York.

Check out their menu and their specials. They often have tasting menus from different regions in Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment