Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Birthday at Lawry's

I was not planning to blog about Lawry's again so I apologize as I just can't help it!
They were having a special for the month of April: $99 dinner for 2, your choice of prime rib or salmon with the spinning salad, Yorkshire pudding, a side (creamed corn of course) and a bottle of their very good Merlot or Cabernet. There were 4 of us so we had 2 bottles of wine. The special also included dessert.

I had to ask for my favorite server, Ms Duke. Her first name is Karen but I prefer to  call her Ms. Duke.  Our son is still in Florida on business so he missed out on the birthday dinner. My husband Otto took me, my brother Gary and my mom who is visiting from the Philippines to this restaurant last night. We planned on getting there before our reserved time so we could enjoy the meatballs and homemade potato chips in their parlor.  Shortly after our meatball consumption, we were called to our table. There she was, Ms. Duke who welcomed us like long lost friends.





We started with the spinning salad, then the prime rib with all the trimmings. I can never get tired of such a simple yet scrumptious meal.  All I can say is if you have never been to Lawry's and believe it or not, there are some people who have not (poor souls) do plan on it as it is an experience.



For dessert, Ms. Duke presented me with a birthday pre-dessert. A big plate with English trifle surrounded with chocolate covered strawberries with my name on each strawberry.  I was glad that my parents didn't name me Ann or that would have been 3 strawberries.


Then our dessert came since we needed more dessert..... Yorkshire pudding with their famous C.C. hot fudge sundae in the middle with nutella and nuts. The chef made this special dessert for the month of April.  I must say, he should have this available all the time as the flavor of the Yorkshire puddling, a bit salty went very well with the sweet hot fudge.


Lawry's Prime Rib is located at 100 North La Cienega Blvd. in Beverly Hills.  I thank Ms Duke and the Lawry's staff for making my birthday very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment