Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fettuccine with Escarole and Brie

Food & Wine's Grace Parisi's recipe for this dish sounded good to me. How can it not, with pancetta, garlic, shallot, escarole and Brie cheese. It was easy enough and total time preparing and cooking was really 30 minutes; with the use of my pasta boat.

I didn't know what escarole looked like since I have never cooked with it. It looks like Romaine Lettuce for those of you who are in the dark.  It looked really promising as I sauteed the pancetta with the garlic and shallots.  Click on the recipe:
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/fettuccine-with-escarole-and-brie
Note: You will need a big pan to accommodate the pound of Escarole.  After adding the Escarole and gets all wilted, you then add the pasta and the pieces of Brie cheese.



There is great potential to this dish. The let down was that the Brie did nothing to enhance the pasta. I love Brie cheese but I think it is best with fresh French bread.
I had to add a TON of Parmesan cheese to make it enjoyable. I would definitely make this dish again but will eliminate the Brie and replace it with Gruyere or Vermont Cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment